Volcanoes Ntl Park from Maui - Dynamic Tour Hawaii
If you want to see the volcano up close, the Big Island of Hawaii has the most active volcano in the world. This Journey takes you to the highlights of Big Island - from Rainbow Falls State Monument, Black Sand Beach and the lush jungles of Volcanoes National Park.
Tour highlights include:
1. Richardson Blacksand Beach - is the only beach in the Hilo area with black sand.
2. Historic Banyan Drive - Banyan trees bear the names of famous people who planted them. Famous names include President Theodore Roosevelt, Babe Ruth, Richard Nixon to name a few. Still thrive along Banyan Drive, having grown into a thick canopy, makes it popular for walking and driving.
3. Queen Liliuokalani Gardens. The park's site was given by Queen Liliuokalani, and lies southeast of downtown Hilo, on the Waiakea Peninsula in Hilo Bay.
4. Rainbow Falls State Park. Waterfall known for it's never ending rainbows.
5. Mauna Loa Macademia Nut Factory has self-guided tours of the processing plant and a large gift shop with free samples of every flavour variation sold by the company.
6. Akatsuka Orchid Nursery and Gardens house over 200 different types of orchids.
7. Volcanoes National Park, established in 1916, is a United States National Park located on the island of Hawaii. It encompasses two active volcanoes: Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes.
8. Thurston Lava Tube approximately 10 minutes or 1/3 mile walk thru the lush jungle and lava tube.
9. Volcanic Steam Vents. Ground water seeps down to the hot volcanic rocks in this area and returns to the surface as steam. While standing at the Steam Vents, take a good look around. The area between the caldera's edge and outer cliffs of Kilauea Caldera is a treeless plain.
10. Thomas A. Jaggar Museum. observatory has a worldwide reputation as a leader in the study of active volcanism which is located at the site. Kilauea Crater. Most active volcano in the world. on the Waiakea Peninsula in Hilo Bay.
11. Volcanoes National Park, established in 1916, is a United States National Park located in the U.S. State of Hawaii on the island of Hawaii. It encompasses two active volcanoes: Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes, and Mauna Loa.
Thurston Lava Tube. remnants of lava flow which was left by draining of lava. approximately 20 minute walk thru the lava tube. Steam Vents. Ground water seeps down to the hot volcanic rocks in this area and returns to the surface as steam. While standing at the Steam Vents, take a good look around. The area between the caldera's edge and outer cliffs of Kilauea Caldera is a treeless plain.
Operates: Daily per reservation. Departs 9:18 am return 5:19 pm.
Departure Point: Pick up and return from your hotel or condo.
Duration: Approximately 8 hours.
Equipment: Van transportation and commercial flight from Maui to Hilo.
Capacity: Minimum of 4 to confirm a tour.
No host lunch stop.
Inclusions: Fully narrated tour, pick up and return from your Maui hotel, airport check in service, roundtrip airfare from Maui to Hilo, Volcanoes National Park admission, water and snacks.
Exclusions: No host lunch stop.
Serves Alcohol: There is not any alcohol available during the activity.
Foreign Language Translation: There is no foreign language translation available.
Handicapped Accessible: This tour is not suitable for handicapped individuals.
What to Bring: Everyone must bring identification. We recommend that you bring a light sweater or jacket. We recommend that everyone in your group brings sunglasses.
Restrictions: People who have gone SCUBA diving within twenty-four hours of the scheduled check in time are not permitted on this activity. Once a reservation has been made this tour is non refundable. Cancellations of reservations that have been made for this activity are not permitted.
ONCE CONFIRMED THIS TOUR CANNOT BE CANCELLED AND IS NON REFUNDABLE. NEW SECURITY RESTRICTIONS ON CARRY ONS APPLY. Please remember to bring Photo ID ALL passengers traveling on One-Day tours must present a Government Issued Photo Identification for Airline Check In. Passengers denied boarding due to lack of acceptable identification will be fully charged. NO GUARANTEE OF SIGHTING ACTIVE LAVA FLOWS. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE with minimal notice due to airline price changes. (NOTE: Some hiking may be involved, guests with asthma or respiratory problems and small children are discouraged from taking this trip to avoid potential health problems due to exposure to fumes.) Sturdy, covered walking shoes are required.
Today's prices are shown. To request a reservation please select a day and time from the calendar below.
(All bookings are backed by Tom Barefoot's "Low Price Guarantee". Online orders may take up to 24 hours to be processed. The availability displayed above is frequently updated and always subject to change.)
- # Van
- # 7-15 People
- # Hilo Area
- # Volcanoes National Park
- # 8+ Hours
- # Tours With a Guide
- # Not Handicapped Accessible
- # Hotel Pickup is Available
- # Food and/or drinks are available for purchase
- # Snack Only
- # Does Not Serve Alcohol
- # Moderate
- # Morning
- # Air
- # Land
- # No Translation Available
- # Central Maui
There have been 0 reviews written about the Volcanoes Ntl Park from Maui with Dynamic Tour Hawaii.
Be the first to submit a review!