Itís a great idea to take a helicopter flight on one of the first days you're on Oahu so you can get o perspective on where everything is.
|Helicopter Tours on Oahu|
|Makani Kai Helicopters - Helicopter Air Tours of Oahu|
|Paradise Helicopters - Scenic Helicopter Tours of Oahu|
|Best Fixed-Wing Air Tours Tours and Rides in Oahu|
|Go To Air Tours Fixed-Wing in Oahu|
Oahu Helicopter Tours
Oahu helicopter tours are the most spectacular way to see the island!
Oahu helicopter rides provide you with the very best opportunity to view the spectacular countryside, jungle forests, hidden waterfalls and wild terrain that is beyond the visible scope of most Oahu visitors. Because Oahu is the most populated of the Hawaiian Islands most people don't realize that some areas of the island are as remote as locations on other islands and can only truly be viewed from above by one of Oahu's helicopter flights. This viewpoint is often so predominant that clients have asked us for years about the worthiness of an Oahu helicopter flight in comparison to the helicopter rides found on the other islands. Certainly it would be improper to diminish the impact of helicopter flights on any other Hawaii location because each island's helicopter rides provide a totally unique perspective of each island, but the perspective provided by the helicopter tours on Oahu completely enhance the perspective of the visitors Oahu experience. There is no other way for instance, for a visitor to understand the dichotomy and absolute distinction between Oahu's city landscape and its remote and isolated mountain zones than from the air in a helicopter. The views seen in these remote areas are so beautiful, stunning and coveted that filming them from the air by helicopter has become the stock and trade of Hollywood's most important directors and the scenes filmed at these locations have shown up in some of the most popular movies ever made by the film industry, such as Jurassic Park.
|Information Related to Helicopter Tours on Oahu|
|Can We Take a Helicopter from Honolulu to see the Volcanoes?|
Most people tend to think about Oahu as simply Honolulu and Waikiki, but it is much more. Like the other Hawaiian islands, much of Oahu can only be seen from the vantage point of the air above. The helicopter flights of Oahu circle the island highlighting the major points of interest.
Oahu is the second oldest of the major Hawaiian Islands, its volcanoes having been extinct for over three-million years. The intensity of the rain, wind and oceans constantly eroding the surfaces of Oahu have created an island with razor sharp ridges and enormous gorges and valleys with waterfalls surrounded by the richest of emerald green foliage, vibrant flowers and immense forests. All this and more can be easily seen on a 45 minute helicopter flight departing from Honolulu.
Where will the Oahu Helicopter Tours take you?
- The most popular tours for the Oahu helicopter flights are the 45 minute to an hour Circle Island flights. Oahu is just the perfect size to be adequately seen in 45 minutes to one hours time.
- The shortest flights offered are 30 minutes in length and visit the Honolulu and Waikiki areas before circling around the coast to Makapu'u Point and doubling back over the Nuumanu Pali to Honolulu.
- If you care to drive out to the North Shore to meet your helicopter flight you will find one of the best values with a doors-off flight that will take you to some of the most beautiful areas on the island on the opposite side from Honolulu.
What types of helicopters are used on your Oahu flights?
- The md500 is a sporty and fast helicopter with first class seating both rear and front with plenty of leg room.
- The A-Star is generally considered the "gold standard" for Oahu helicopter flights. No matter where you sit you'll have 180-degree visibility. The rotator shaft does not come between the front and back seats and there are no visual impediments interrupting your view forward. The back seat is raised to give a better view above those seated in the front and there are an abundance of windows.
- The Bell Jet Ranger seats four passengers. It is an American built helicopter just a bit smaller than the A-Star.
With regard to photography on your Oahu helicopter flight.
- Most helicopter companies will provide you with a video of your actual Oahu helicopter flight. These are taken from cameras mounted on the outside of the aircraft and tape the flight that you actually took.
- All Oahu helicopters allow you to take video or photography from your helicopter flight on your own and some provide flights that have the doors removed for better viewing and taking of photos.
Tom's Tips - Oahu Helicopter Tours
- Oahu, being one of the smaller islands, is just about the perfect size for a helicopter flight. You can easily and thoroughly see the entire island in just 45 minutes to one hour. I promise you that your perspective of Oahu will be altogether changed when you view it from the air as adverse to just seeing it from ground level.
- Try to take your Oahu helicopter flight early in your stay on Oahu. Once you've seen the island from the sky you will have a better idea of where you are on the island regarding the big picture of things, in the days that follow.
- The best time for a helicopter ride on Oahu is usually in the morning before the trade winds pick up. Although usually true, this is not always the case as the varying weather conditions found on Oahu can provide great viewing conditions at any time of day. All flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
Makani Kai Helicopters simply has to be considered the quintessential helicopter company on the island of Oahu. It has flown more passengers on Oahu than any other service and after tens of thousands of flights still has an unblemished safety record. Their attention to detail in maintenance, client safety, client comfort, narration and customer service is second to none. Makani Kai Helicopters has its roots deep on the island of Oahu as its owner and founder, Richard Schuman is a local boy born and raised on Oahu. Having had a vast and extensive background of being familiar with the climate and weather patterns on Oahu has helped his company navigate through the weather challenges arising on a daily basis. Makani Kai Helicopters has focused all its attention on servicing the island of Oahu and Oahu only and it could certainly be said that they are the Oahu Helicopter experts.
(From: $137.99 - To: $324.99)
If you're staying on Oahu's North shore there's no question that the helicopter company you should consider taking for your Oahu flight should be Paradise Helicopters since they leave right from Turtle Bay. One fantastic feature these flights with Paradise Helicopters have that you won't find on most helicopter companies is the excitement of touring with "doors off". There is a special dimension that is achieved with the doors off option. You feel as though you could just reach out and touch the horizon and the flight seems that much more real. This is not a flight I'd recommend for everyone (and you know who you are if you don't think it's a good idea) but for those who can overcome their fear of heights, this is an unbelievable way to view the North Shore and Oahu. Door's-off flights are generally preferred by professional photographers so you can get the "professional" treatment as well while getting the best photos with Paradise Helicopters. Paradise Helicopters is located at Turtle Bay up along the North Shore which is about an hour's drive from Waikiki so plan on making the drive if you decide to use them. These aircraft only take four passengers at a time so they are a bit more private than most.
(From: $43.90 - To: $6,879.90)
Air Tours - Fixed Wing on Oahu - Fixed wing air tours on Oahu are fun and they take many forms. One great tour is a seaplane that takes off and lands on the water. Others are glider rides that are towed from the ground to thousands of feet in the air where you glide on the quiet and gentle currents of air viewing the beautiful sites below.
(From: $88.90 - To: $239.90)
Helicopters in Oahu - The ancient coastline of Oahu was finished forming over 3 million years ago when the island's volcanoes became extinct. What has been left for us to see on our spectacular helicopter flights of Oahu is some of the most varied and beautiful scenery in Hawaii. Oahu has so much to see by helicopter in such a short amount of time. Each bend and turn opens up new and exciting vistas featuring dramatic steep and jagged cliffs, deep valleys, lush rain forests, breathtaking waterfalls and flatlands covered by sugar cane and pineapple fields. Oahu is silhouetted by pristine white sand beaches and beautiful multicolored bays and inlets as well as outstretching deep-blue Ocean. Even the more populated areas are interesting as you tour over Waikiki, Diamond Head, Honolulu, Hawaii Kai and Kailua. So much of Hawaii's population lives on this island and its easy to see why as you view its many splendors from a helicopter above.