Itís a great idea to take a helicopter flight on one of the first days you're on Oahu so you can get o perspective on where everything is.
|Helicopter Tours on Oahu|
|Discover Hidden Hawaii Tours - Oahu Land and Air tours|
|Makani Kai Helicopters - Helicopter Air Tours on Oahu and Hawaii|
|Paradise Helicopters - Scenic Helicopter Tours of Oahu and Hawaii|
|Best Fixed-Wing Air Tours Tours and Rides in Oahu|
|Go To Air Tours Fixed-Wing in Oahu|
Oahu Helicopter Tours
Oahu helicopter tours are the most spectacular way to see the island!
Oahu helicopter rides provide you with the very best opportunity to view the spectacular countryside, jungle forests, hidden waterfalls and wild terrain that is beyond the visible scope of most Oahu visitors. Because Oahu is the most populated of the Hawaiian Islands most people don't realize that some areas of the island are as remote as locations on other islands and can only truly be viewed from above by one of Oahu's helicopter flights. This viewpoint is often so predominant that clients have asked us for years about the worthiness of an Oahu helicopter flight in comparison to the helicopter rides found on the other islands. Certainly it would be improper to diminish the impact of helicopter flights on any other Hawaii location because each island's helicopter rides provide a totally unique perspective of each island, but the perspective provided by the helicopter tours on Oahu completely enhance the perspective of the visitors Oahu experience. There is no other way for instance, for a visitor to understand the dichotomy and absolute distinction between Oahu's city landscape and its remote and isolated mountain zones than from the air in a helicopter. The views seen in these remote areas are so beautiful, stunning and coveted that filming them from the air by helicopter has become the stock and trade of Hollywood's most important directors and the scenes filmed at these locations have shown up in some of the most popular movies ever made by the film industry, such as Jurassic Park.
|Information Related to Helicopter Tours on Oahu|
|Can We Take a Helicopter from Honolulu to see the Volcanoes?|
Most people tend to think about Oahu as simply Honolulu and Waikiki, but it is much more. Like the other Hawaiian islands, much of Oahu can only be seen from the vantage point of the air above. The helicopter flights of Oahu circle the island highlighting the major points of interest.
Oahu is the second oldest of the major Hawaiian Islands, its volcanoes having been extinct for over three-million years. The intensity of the rain, wind and oceans constantly eroding the surfaces of Oahu have created an island with razor sharp ridges and enormous gorges and valleys with waterfalls surrounded by the richest of emerald green foliage, vibrant flowers and immense forests. All this and more can be easily seen on a 45 minute helicopter flight departing from Honolulu.
Where will the Oahu Helicopter Tours take you?
- The most popular tours for the Oahu helicopter flights are the 45 minute to an hour Circle Island flights. Oahu is just the perfect size to be adequately seen in 45 minutes to one hours time.
- The shortest flights offered are 30 minutes in length and visit the Honolulu and Waikiki areas before circling around the coast to Makapu'u Point and doubling back over the Nuumanu Pali to Honolulu.
- If you care to drive out to the North Shore to meet your helicopter flight you will find one of the best values with a doors-off flight that will take you to some of the most beautiful areas on the island on the opposite side from Honolulu.
What types of helicopters are used on your Oahu flights?
- The md500 is a sporty and fast helicopter with first class seating both rear and front with plenty of leg room.
- The A-Star is generally considered the "gold standard" for Oahu helicopter flights. No matter where you sit you'll have 180-degree visibility. The rotator shaft does not come between the front and back seats and there are no visual impediments interrupting your view forward. The back seat is raised to give a better view above those seated in the front and there are an abundance of windows.
- The Bell Jet Ranger seats four passengers. It is an American built helicopter just a bit smaller than the A-Star.
With regard to photography on your Oahu helicopter flight.
- Most helicopter companies will provide you with a video of your actual Oahu helicopter flight. These are taken from cameras mounted on the outside of the aircraft and tape the flight that you actually took.
- All Oahu helicopters allow you to take video or photography from your helicopter flight on your own and some provide flights that have the doors removed for better viewing and taking of photos.
Tom's Tips - Oahu Helicopter Tours
- Oahu, being one of the smaller islands, is just about the perfect size for a helicopter flight. You can easily and thoroughly see the entire island in just 45 minutes to one hour. I promise you that your perspective of Oahu will be altogether changed when you view it from the air as adverse to just seeing it from ground level.
- Try to take your Oahu helicopter flight early in your stay on Oahu. Once you've seen the island from the sky you will have a better idea of where you are on the island regarding the big picture of things, in the days that follow.
- The best time for a helicopter ride on Oahu is usually in the morning before the trade winds pick up. Although usually true, this is not always the case as the varying weather conditions found on Oahu can provide great viewing conditions at any time of day. All flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
Discover Hidden Hawaii's Sightseeing Tours have earned a reputation of customer service and excellence on Oahu and throughout all of the Hawaiian Islands. They feature day tours on Oahu, Maui and Hawaii and One Day packages with air between many of the islands. Discover Hidden Hawaii's large fleet includes full size motor-coaches, 25-seat deluxe mini-coaches, 14-seat executive vans, luxury sedans and limousines. On Oahu their tour selection is extensive. They offer tours of Pearl Harbor including the Arizona Memorial and the "Mighty Mo" or as you may know it, the USS Missouri Battleship. They also have tours that include a tour of Pearl Harbor in conjunction with Oahu's famous North Shore, complete circle island tours which include Pearl Harbor, more extensive circle island tours, in depth tours exclusively of the North Shore of Oahu, tours that combine Pearl Harbor, the Dole Pineapple Plantation with Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center, tours that visit the North Shore but which spend more extensive time at the Polynesian Cultural Center, tours that include the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center and tours that will take you to visit Diamond Head and Oahu's South Shore. Of all the tours offered on Oahu by Discover Hidden Hawaii it probably comes as no surprise that the most popular one is their tour of Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor has always been a popular location for tours to Oahu but never so much as after September 11, 2001 which has ignited as sense of patriotism throughout America. On his tour you will see in the large theater at Pearl Harbor actual footage of the attack on Pearl Harbor and then board a vessel to go out to the Arizona Memorial which was built directly over the submerged wreckage of the USS Arizona which sunk so quickly during the surprise attack that it entombed hundreds of US navy servicemen inside. You'll also have an opportunity to see the U.S. Pacific Fleet Headquarters and the Arizona Memorial WWll museum. One of the most interesting and informative portions of the tour will be your visit to the USS Missouri Battleship which is moored in Pearl Harbor. Here you'll be able to stand on the very decks where the documents were signed that ended World War ll. The Pacific Aviation Museum will be your next stop with plenty of exhibits dealing with all aspects of aviation at the time of the war. All through this whole touring process informative guides from Discover Hidden Hawaii tours will be with you to guide you through its many facets.
(From: $568.90 - To: $568.90)
Makani Kai Helicopters simply has to be considered the quintessential helicopter company on the island of Oahu. It has flown more passengers on Oahu than any other service and after tens of thousands of flights still has an unblemished safety record. Their attention to detail in maintenance, client safety, client comfort, narration and customer service is second to none. Makani Kai Helicopters has its roots deep on the island of Oahu as its owner and founder, Richard Schuman is a local boy born and raised on Oahu. Having had a vast and extensive background of being familiar with the climate and weather patterns on Oahu has helped his company navigate through the weather challenges arising on a daily basis. Makani Kai Helicopters has focused all its attention on servicing the island of Oahu and Oahu only and it could certainly be said that they are the Oahu Helicopter experts.
(From: $137.99 - To: $7,241.25)
If you're staying on Oahu's North shore there's no question that the helicopter company you should consider taking for your Oahu flight should be Paradise Helicopters since they leave right from Turtle Bay. One fantastic feature these flights with Paradise Helicopters have that you won't find on most helicopter companies is the excitement of touring with "doors off". There is a special dimension that is achieved with the doors off option. You feel as though you could just reach out and touch the horizon and the flight seems that much more real. This is not a flight I'd recommend for everyone (and you know who you are if you don't think it's a good idea) but for those who can overcome their fear of heights, this is an unbelievable way to view the North Shore and Oahu. Door's-off flights are generally preferred by professional photographers so you can get the "professional" treatment as well while getting the best photos with Paradise Helicopters.
Paradise Helicopters on the Big Island of Hawaii offers spectacular flights visiting the many points of interest on the island. Departures from Kona International Airport.
(From: $46.90 - To: $7,201.90)
Air Tours - Fixed Wing on Oahu - Fixed wing air tours on Oahu are fun and they take many forms. One great tour is a seaplane that takes off and lands on the water. Others are glider rides that are towed from the ground to thousands of feet in the air where you glide on the quiet and gentle currents of air viewing the beautiful sites below.
(From: $88.90 - To: $239.90)
Helicopters in Oahu - The ancient coastline of Oahu was finished forming over 3 million years ago when the island's volcanoes became extinct. What has been left for us to see on our spectacular helicopter flights of Oahu is some of the most varied and beautiful scenery in Hawaii. Oahu has so much to see by helicopter in such a short amount of time. Each bend and turn opens up new and exciting vistas featuring dramatic steep and jagged cliffs, deep valleys, lush rain forests, breathtaking waterfalls and flatlands covered by sugar cane and pineapple fields. Oahu is silhouetted by pristine white sand beaches and beautiful multicolored bays and inlets as well as outstretching deep-blue Ocean. Even the more populated areas are interesting as you tour over Waikiki, Diamond Head, Honolulu, Hawaii Kai and Kailua. So much of Hawaii's population lives on this island and its easy to see why as you view its many splendors from a helicopter above.