Take a pleasant down-hill bike tour through Kauai's famous "Grand Canyon of the Pacific", Waimea Canyon!
|Bike Tours on Kauai|
|Outfitters Kauai - Bike Tours and Rides|
Kauai Bike Tours and Bike Rides
Kauai bike tours and bike rides are a wonderful way to spend the day outdoors.
Downhill Kauai bike tours, like other islands in the state, provide a great outdoor coasting descent from Kauai's mountains and ridges to the ocean.
- For years Haleakala on Maui has been known as the "Mecca" for bicycle tours in Hawaii with it gravity driven coast from the mountain to the sea. In recent years, Kauai has chimed in with its own version of a downhill adventure, this time coasting down through the beautiful Waimea Valley to the ocean below. This Kauai bike tour is a shorter trip, and less expensive, but none the less gives you some of the same thrills and excitement of its Maui counterpart.
- A very popular biking tour which is patterned after the famous Haleakala downhill tours on Maui is the 12 mile canyon to coast downhill bike ride offered by Outfitters Kauai. This fun and exciting Kauai bike tour travels from the rim of the famed Waimea Canyon (often referred to as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific) and descends from the 3500' elevation, down 12 miles of smooth winding blacktop all the way to the shores of the blue Pacific.
- You'll stop along the way to take pictures and learn about the history, culture and legends of this beautiful area on Kauai. This is a short Kauai bike tour of only about 4 hours or so and has departure times in both the morning and the afternoon.
Tom's Tips - Kauai Bike Tours
- It can be cool up in the Waimea Canyon particularly in the morning time so you should consider bringing warm clothes you can wear (and peel off at will to put in the chase van) on your Kauai bike tour.
- Unlike other islands both sunrise and sunset tours provide an equally good chance for good weather on your Kauai bike tours. Choose the one that most suits your time frame for the day.
- You'll be in a small group on your Kauai bike tour so take advantage of asking your tour guides any questions you might have about Kauai.
The Waimea Canyon is considered to be the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" and there is no better way to see it then on the 12-mile canyon to coast ride on a bicycle offered by Outfitters Kauai. This Outfitters Kauai ride is all downhill and starts near the top of the canyon at the 3500' level. The crisp fresh air will set the mood for the experience which will be enjoyed by nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. You're decent to the ocean below will be casual and slow allowing you to "take in" all the wonderful moments along the way. Your courteous guides will take every opportunity to fill you in on the history of the area and the distant island of Niihau as well which will be very visible on your ride down. This tour is a novel one on Kauai and gives you the opportunity to experience the beauty of the island in a very different way.
(From: $25.00 - To: $99.90)
Kauai Bike Tours - The Waimea Canyon was described by Mark Twain as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”. This is truly one of the most spectacular sights on the island of Kauai. The canyon is about 10 miles long and about 3600 ft. deep. A colorful 12 mile long winding road makes its way up to the top of the canyon to a beautiful scenic overlook and this is the area from which you will embark on one of the most memorable bike trips of your life.