Kauai Air Tours - Airplane Tours of Kauai
Kauai air tours on fixed Wing airplanes are an excellent value!
Should you choose a Kauai Helicopter tour or a Kauai Fixed-Wing airplane air tour?
|Information Related to Air Tours - Airplane Tours on Kauai|
|Can fixed wing aircraft handle heavier passengers?|
When people think of “Air Tours” in Kauai they generally think of helicopters, and rightly so, because the vast majority of sightseeing flights we have here are on helicopters.
That being said however, I think that air tour flights on fixed-wing airplanes on Kauai are often very under-rated regarding both performance and value.
- It is certainly true that helicopters have the capability to “hover”, which is not in the arsenal of capabilities available to Kauai's fixed-wing airplane air tours. This may be a limiting factor but it may not be as significant a characteristic as you might first imagine.
- I have flown on a significant number of fixed-wing Kauai airplane air tours as well as helicopters and on both it certainly could be said that you end up getting the “lay of the land”. The fixed-wing airplanes generally fly a bit higher than their hovering counterparts but your overall impression on either upon your return is that you’ve had a great view of Kauai below. In fact I have taken quite a number of photos of island features from both types of aircraft and of many it can be said that it is literally impossible to determine the origin of the snapshot taken.
- Occasionally I can even suggest that the quality of the Kauai air tour I have taken was even higher on the fixed wing airplane than on certain helicopter flights. One in particular was on an airplane air tour flight that only took myself and my wife on a private air tour on which we were even allowed to suggest certain areas of the island that we wanted to see in greater detail and were obliged by the pilot.
- One other important piece of the “fixed-wing” Kauai air tour airplane flights versus helicopter flights discussion is that the “airplane” option is often considerably less expensive.
All this being stated however, I think that if I had to make a choice of flying one or the other and money was not an object, I probably would choose the helicopter because there are certain places you simply cannot get into for viewing on a Kauai airplane air tour that you can on a helicopter. Viewing the islands from an airplane however is not exactly the “weak sister” option to its helicopter cousin and certainly should be considered as a viable option, especially when price may be a concern.
Tom's Tips - Kauai Fixed Wing Airplane Tours
- Try to sit on the right hand side of the Kauai airplane air tour aircraft. Generally the air tours circumnavigate the island in a clockwise direction and the coastline will usually be on your right side.
- Some Kauai airplane air tours will often only take up just two people which makes for a very personalized experience.
- Always choose the full hour tours on your Kauai airplane tour. The island is just the perfect size to see in one hour and the very most exotic and beautiful locations on the island will require the full hour to get to.
Air Ventures is locally owned and operated by Billy Zeffiro. Air Ventures flies a G8 Airvan. This aircraft is known for its huge bubble windows, smooth ride, wide cabin doors for easy access. The G8 also provides a very spacious cabin for comfortable seating. Civil Air Patrol uses these planes for search and rescue. This aircraft is very safe and has the best visibility of any seven-passenger plane on the market. A knowledgeable and professional pilot narrates every flight. Passengers will have a two-way noise reduction headset with a microphone, so they can communicate with their aloha spirited pilot throughout the flight. This plane flies a slow tour for optimal viewing and photography.
(From: $117.90 - To: $117.90)
Wings Over Kauai provides some remarkable advantages when comparing this aircraft to helicopters and other fixed-wing planes alike. First off, it will take just the two of you on their Cessna, making for an extremely personalized flight or up to six passengers on their new AirVan. You will have headsets and microphones on and be able to converse back and forth with the pilot at any time. Second, you will be seated on the right hand side of the aircraft (on both Cessna and AirVan) allowing for the best views of the coast and cliff regions as you traverse the island in a clockwise direction without having to waste time continuously circling around to allow people on the left hand side see the views as well. Third, your full island flight will be 70 minutes long, a full 10 minutes longer than the usual hour flights and you will see an additional part of the island not usually seen on the loop by most companies, the Princeville to Kapa'a coastline. Lastly, the flight is essentially a private tour (in the case of the Cessna with just two persons----if you want this option just mention it and we'll try to arrange it for you) so if you have an area of particular interest to you, you can just request seeing that or spending more time at a particular area and although your tour will still come in at 70 minutes it will be customized for you. Wings Over Kauai has a perfect safety record and its value for dollar spent is worth every bit of the price for the tour.
(From: $125.00 - To: $125.00)
Kauai helicopter tours are arguably among the best helicopter rides of any in Hawaii. It was no accident that Kauai was the first island to be viewed by helicopter tours. The beauty of its remote valleys, cliffs, waterfalls and ocean vistas is beyond compare and we always recommend a Kauai helicopter tour as the foremost way to see all the wonders that Kauai has to offer. One of the latest innovations for helicopter touring is seeing the island from helicopters with the doors off. These provide a great opportunity for photo taking and give you an "up close and personal" helicopter experience that you will never forget.
(From: $191.90 - To: $339.90)