Big Island of Hawaii ATV Off-Road Tours
Experience Big Island of Hawaii ATV Tours
The ATV tours on the Big Island are among the most adventurous of the outdoor tours and activities available in Hawaii. The Big Island of Hawaii is the original site of the very first four- wheel ATV tours in the state, and that's not by accident. The original company, ATV Outfitters, has an assortment of ATV four wheel options which include the jungle and mountains of the Kohala Mountains above the town of Hawi, incredible ocean cliffs, and spectacular waterfalls.
Information Related to ATV Off-Road Tours on Hawaii
Do the ATV's go fast?
- Historical Ocean Cliff Trail - 1 1/2 hour ATV tour. See the hidden Hawaii on All-Terrain vehicles. Cruise towering ocean cliffs before touching the ocean at a remote private pebbled beach. Your guides will explain the culture and rich history of the area throughout your adventure.
- 15 Mile Waterfall Adventure - Traverse through brisk mountain streams; enter a rainforest filled with native Hawaiian trees and canopies of ferns and flowers before discovering a private secluded waterfall. Your guide will paint a historical picture of the rich culture in the area. A visual rush of panoramic collages makes this a driving experience to remember.
- 22 Mile All Day Adventure - Ride along the beautiful Kohala Coastline cruising on top of 200 foot majestic ocean cliff sides. Continue your journey to a private and secluded bay (once private property of King Kamehameha) where there is a bird's eye view of a 1930's lighthouse. Native Hawaiian guides share genuine history and let you enjoy the special beauty. Next you travel high into the mountains through a cool eucalyptus rainforest and brisk mountain streams. You will then make your way up to a 2000 foot elevation of the oldest volcano of the big Island and stop at two waterfalls, one of which you take a short 5 minute walk to the foot of a private exclusive waterfall.
Big Island of Hawaii ATV Tours - Options:
- ATV Tours on the Big Island of Hawaii range from just an hour and a half along the sea coast to the most popular trips which travel deep into the rainforest.
- These ATV tours are either half or full day tours and cover 15 to 30 miles roundtrip. All ATV tours include descriptions of the flora and fauna of the area as well as the rich history of the district.
The Kahua Ranch also offers ATV tours. Depending upon your abilities and group size.
- Ride the range with comfort and speed on an ATV tour, as you explore Kahua Ranch (8,500 acres) on all terrain vehicles.
- The ATV tour offers a modern approach to experiencing an age old tradition of "saddling up and riding the range" Paniolo style.
The Waipio Valley is also one of the spectacular spots you can visit by ATV on the Big Island of Hawaii with the folks at "Ride the Rim".
- The Waipio Valley is one of the most beautiful locations in all Hawaii and this 12 mile ATV ride will fill the bill for adventure and gorgeous scenery.
- The waterfalls seen here are some of the very largest you will see in Hawaii.
Tom's Tips - Big Island of Hawaii ATV Tours
- It is not a mistake that the very first ATV rides in Hawaii were originated on the Big Island. These are arguably the most beautiful and adventurous to be found on any of the islands.
- I don't know if it was the specific day Jake and I went or not, but the day we went riding on the Kahua Ranch ATV was the fastest and most "wide open" we'd ever been permitted to ride on an ATV in Hawaii.
- The beauty of the Waipio Valley should be experienced whether you see it via and ATV tour on not.
ATV Outfitters Hawaii was not only the first ATV tour company on the Big Island but was actually the very first ATV company to take people touring in the state. They offer exciting and historically informative ATV rides on the beautiful and remote north-eastern coastline of the Big Island in the Hawi district which is where you'll find the majestic Kohala Rainforest. ATV Outfitters Hawaii offers three different tours varying in length and time. The first is the Historical Ocean and Kohal Ditch Trail which is the shortest ride taking two hours. On this tour you will wind down the towering ocean cliffs to a black pebble beach and mountain kayak exploring the famed Kohala Ditch System. The second tour, taking two-and-one-half hours, is called the Fifteen Mile Waterfall Adventure and will take you through the ferns and native Hawaiian trees of the Kohala Rainforest to a secluded waterfall. The third, three-and-a-half hour tour, The Twenty-two Mile Deluxe Tour, will take you first along the coastal trail and then deep into the forest. This area of the island of Hawaii is steeped in history as this was the original home of King Kamehameha.
(From: $117.90 - To: $167.90)
Kona Eco Adventrues' ATV rides and Nature Hikes give you a closer look at Hawai`i's native flora and fauna. Whether you are zipping, riding or hiking, Kona Eco Adventures will be the greatest highlight of your vacation.
(From: $139.00 - To: $139.00)
Come and visit Pa'ani Ranch a 220 acre working cattle ranch, where there is something fun for the whole family! Ride your ATV on a variety of terrains, up and down hills, through rolling pastures, over the occasional puddle, and on gravel roads previously used by Puna Sugar during the Sugar industry era. Entertaining guides will share the history of the ranch and the culture of the Big Island. The Ranch is open daily from 8:00am to 5:30pm. The first tour begins at 9:00am and the last tour departs at 3:00pm - Special booking times can be arranged upon request.
(From: $69.00 - To: $69.00)
Ride the Rim is an ATV ride on the Big Island of Hawaii that is located in the beautiful and majestic Waipio Valley. At Ride the Rim you will be riding your ATV for about twelve miles on a trek that will take you to some of the most incredible areas to be seen in Hawaii. You will see steep escarpments, giant two-thousand foot waterfalls, dense rainforests, ocean vistas to the mile-wide black sand beach at the mouth of the valley and be taken to a mountain pool for a refreshing swim. This is more than just an ATV ride, it is a true Big Island adventure.
(From: $159.00 - To: $159.00)
Big Island of Hawaii ATV Off-Road Tours - The Big Island has more land area then all the other Hawaiian islands put together and as such has vast amounts of space which can be visited by ATV’s. It’s not surprising then that the Big Island was the site of the very first ATV rides in the state. Vast ranchland areas, beautiful coastal routes and inland forest treks are all available for the ATV enthusiast. Some of the advanced rides allow participants to travel 15 to 20 miles into the rugged and colorful Big Island rainforests to see just how dirty they can get. Tours to a remote private pebbled beach, tours to exquisite waterfalls and wide-open ranchland tours are all available to those wishing to experience the thrills of an ATV adventure.